Customers must meet our eligibility criteria to purchase technology from PCs for People.
Read below to find out if you are eligible.


PCs for People requires photo identification and income documentation for program qualification. Acceptable documents for income documentation fall into two categories: 1) Proof of current enrollment in an income-based government assistance program OR 2) Documentation from a government source of current income under 200% of the federal poverty level (relative to household size). Please note we do not check citizenship or immigration status.

Acceptable Forms of Photo Identification

  • Driver's license or state ID card for non-drivers
  • Passport
  • Formal ID card (such as veteran or student)
  • Company or work-issued identification

Qualifying Income-Based Assistance Programs

Documents must be dated within the last year and/or show current coverage at the date of submission.

  • Adult & Child Mental Health Case Management*
  • Employment Services (only if income-based in your state)
  • Extended Foster Care
  • Food Support (a dated letter showing current eligibility is required)
  • Financial Assistance, such as GA, TANF, etc. (a dated letter showing current eligibility is required)
  • Head Start
  • Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
  • Medicaid or Medical Assistance (bring a document that says "MA" or "Medical Assistance" on it)
  • The National School Lunch Program's Free or Reduced Lunch Program
  • Section 8, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Group Residential Housing (GRH)
  • Social Security Disability (SSD)
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Federal Pell Grant

Qualifying Income Documentation

For households that qualify under the net income test (200% federal poverty level- FPL) the following documentation will be acceptable as part of the application process. Annual benefits must meet the FPL guidelines (See table below) :*

  • The prior year's state, federal, or tribal tax return (W2 forms or pay stubs are not acceptable)
  • A Social Security statement of benefits* 
  • A Veteran Administration statement of benefits* (VA cards alone are not accepted)
  • A retirement/pension statement of benefits* 
  • An Unemployment/Workmen's Compensation statement of benefits* 
  • Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance*

How Do I Send Documentation? 

There are three ways a client may choose to send in their eligibility documentation:

Persons in Family 
  Max Allowed Income
Jeff works on a computer

Eligibility NOT accepted:

  • Hand-written documents
  • Tax returns where the applicant is claimed as a dependent
  • Medicare 
  • W-2 forms or Pay Stubs
  • Bank statements with deposit records
  • EBT app screenshots
  • Notices to reapply for a benefit

*Any proof of eligibility is subject to approval by PCs for People staff. Additional documents may be required to unquestioningly prove income or enrollment in a government assistance program. 


Do you need affordable internet access?

PCs for People offers fixed wireless internet service for households within our coverage areas. Please click here for more information about our wireless internet service, starting at $15/month or FREE with the Affordable Connectivity Program.