VOLUNTEER & JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Join PCs for People as a volunteer or apply for one our job openings.
Digital Literacy Training Manager (St Paul, MN)
The Digital Literacy Training Manager is responsible for ensuring PCs for People’s new digital literacy department is meeting the needs of its learners and continually improving the department’s offerings. In addition to supporting the strategic needs of PCs for People, this position will develop curriculum, teach in-person classes, teach online classes, provide one-on-one training, manage other trainers, and oversee volunteer training.
This is a new position with PCs for People. As such, the applicant will have the opportunity to develop new processes, partnerships, and curriculum while also dealing with the challenges of a lack of established procedures. The right applicant for this position will be motivated by these opportunities and challenges and take pride and ownership in the results of their work.
A 100% volunteer staff consisting of high school students, college interns and community citizens are responsible for refurbishing, repairing and organizing inventory. Volunteers are given a chance to give back to the community while learning from their peers in a nontraditional setting. Many volunteers start with a basic understanding of technology but through tutorials and group interactions are quickly able to expand their skill-set in not only the technical field but also in communication and public service by interacting with a diverse client base.
- Refurbish and repair computers - This is a great way to learn about computers. No prior experience is required; however, it would be helpful.
- PR and Marketing - If you have experienced in these areas you could help us create better brand awareness.
- Organizing inventory - Can you identify the differences between a PCI and AGP video card? If you can, help us organize!
- CRM development - We are currently using our own home-brewed customer relationship management software, it could always be better.
- PBX Phone (Asterisk) development and integration - Do you have experience integrating Asterisk into back-end systems? If so, we would LOVE some help.
- Application development - We need help developing software that will run on computers being distributed by PCs for People.
- Donation drives - Got a strong back? We can always use help at collection events unloading equipment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about volunteering.