Aug. 14, 2018 (MINNEAPOLIS) the City of Minneapolis donated 200 used computers today to two nonprofits that will use them for Minneapolis computer training programs and to sell at a low cost to Minneapolis residents who meet income guidelines. This helps Minneapolis toward goals in Minneapolis 2040, the City’s draft comprehensive plan, to … Read More
DENVER, Colo. (August 12, 2018) – Colorado’s middle class is in distress according to a state specific study conducted by two University of Colorado Denver professors, Todd L. Ely, Ph.D., and Geoffrey Propheter, Ph.D. Their report, entitled “Colorado’s Middle Class Families: Characteristics and Cost Pressures,” reveals unsettling findings about the … Read More
DENVER, Colo. (July 26, 2018) – Studies have shown that for families with an average income of $50,000 or less there is only a 20% chance of having a computer and home internet. For families earning over $50,000, the likelihood is 80%. With homework being assigned online by seven in … Read More
Our stores are closed on July 4th in observance on Independence Day but we’re giving you a 10% discount for our online store! Head to www.pcsrefurbished.com, select the items you wish to purchase and enter the coupon code julyfour1810 at checkout using the box shown above.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ALAMOSA, Colo (May 9, 2018) – On Friday, May 11, the families of 100 students who attend Alamosa Elementary School will receive low-cost desktop computers for personal home use. The donation is thanks to the collaboration of several community organizations including: PCs for People, Anschutz Family Foundation, … Read More
Media Advisory FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Lauren Yergeau, Mobile Beacon, email@example.com La Junta, CO, May 08, 2018 — Bridging the Gap, a nonprofit-led initiative of PCs for People and Mobile Beacon that helps community anchor institutions like housing authorities, schools, libraries, and nonprofits provide affordable computers and internet service to … Read More
PCs for People is pleased to announce we’ve achieved three new certifications, adding to our community, environmental, health and safety efforts. The certifications cover the operations in Saint Paul and Denver, Co. PCs for People is now one of fewer than five R2-certified recyclers in Minnesota and the only recycler in … Read More
Denver’s 9News dropped by our office recently to cover our digital inclusion efforts and speak to a few of the people we work with. Watch the video by clicking here.
PCs for People has donated eight computers to Minneapolis’ Nawayee Computer School in response to a burglary at the school. Nawayee Center School is an alternative urban high school focusing on American Indian youth in grades seven through 12. Students and staff at the school returned from Thanksgiving to find … Read More
Students in Rwanda using computers initially obtained from PCs for People Earlier this fall, PCs for People provided the St James Presbyterian Church in Denver with six laptop computers that were then delivered to the Shalom Community Organization in Rwanda. Students at Shalom were enrolled in a digital literacy course … Read More